Your fund - advantages
> shelter a fund in an existing foundation
The main advantages are economy, simplicity and speed. But a sheltered fund has much more to offer:
- Rapid recognition as a non-profit organisation : funds sheltered with the Swiss Philanthropy Foundation benefit immediately from its status as a non-profit Foundation and the tax exemptions which this affords.
- Economy of scale : The cost of setting up and running a foundation, keeping the accounts, the audits, relations with the authorities for monitoring foundations and other administrative tasks are no longer solely at the donor's expense, but are provided by the Foundation which offers a light structure with no major costs.
- Professional governance : the Foundation is governed by a recognised and reliable Board. For each fund, there is a management committee made up of donor(s), Board member(s) and external experts which retains decision-making power on projects.
- High quality service providers : a network of preferred service providers in professional philanthropy, currently associated in particular with wise partnership for philanthropy advise and a European network for cross-border giving.
- Transparency : each fund has its own accounting.
- Flexibility : a shelter fund is a form of giving that can be adapted to suit donors and their desired level of involvement. Donors are free to choose how to manage the assets property of the fund (either externally or by the SPF).