How it works
> a network > reliability > simplicity
The foundations in the network are responsible for checking the reliability of beneficiary organisations and complying with the legislation in force in their respective country.
RELIABILITY When an organisation makes an initial request for funding, it has to go through a comprehensive verification process. The continuity of the status of general interest of the organisation is re-checked every 2 years thereafter.
SPEED Once the organisation has been admitted as a beneficiary of the network, the process becomes very simple:
1° Donors make their donations to the Foundation in their country of residence.
2° The Foundation transfers the donation to the beneficiary.
3° Donors receive a receipt from the Foundation.
FEES The foundations take a small percentage of donations to cover costs and guarantee the quality of the services provided by the network.
To ensure the quality of our services, please kindly note that the minimum donation is 500 CHF.
- Donors contact the Foundation in their country of residence (source Foundation) to notify it of their desire to make a donation to a specific beneficiary located in another country.
- The source Foundation contacts the Foundation representing the network in the country of the beneficiary organisation (beneficiary Foundation).
- The beneficiary Foundation contacts the beneficiary organisation and proceeds to check its work, its reliability and its eligibility as a general interest entity.
- The beneficiary Foundation confirms to the source Foundation whether the beneficiary is eligible.
- The source Foundation confirms to the donor that he/she can make the donation via the network and sends the donor all the practical details for doing so.
- The donor makes the donation to the source Foundation.
- The Swiss Philanthropy Foundation transfers the donation to the beneficiary on the specified date(s).
- When it receives the donation, the Swiss Philanthropy Foundation sends the donor a receipt and, in February of each year, provides each donor with a certificate for tax purposes detailing all the donations made in the preceding year.
For further information regarding the TGE and how its works, read the FAQ.